Thursday, October 20, 2005

WRK SUX!

Actually work doesn't suck. It just takes time away from other things that I should be doing - like my rewrite of CP. I've been going in earlier than ususal, staying later than usual, and otherwise busting my ass at work in preparation for the BigEvent. I like work, but things I would change about my work are: I get an intern, I get a raise, I work from home two or three days a week and (there must be something else...) I get to do more interesting things.

What to say about work... The history of the organization is rich and in need of mining. My nonprofit was run in the past very well and then was taken over by a chain of executive directors who virtually bankrupted it. There would be a good LA Weekly story in it for the right reporter. Maybe that reporter is me. Maybe not. I'm not really a reporter. I would love to write a history of the organization however. Moreover, I'd love to read one.

And mas propinas to Ali. Thanks for coming over to see the pizza pan and pizza wheel. Sweetie made a wonderful pizza and we all had a very nice time dining al fresco on the garage.

Sweetie's going out of town over the weekend again. It makes me sad and reminds me of being left alone when I was a child, but I have to remember that I am an adult now. I am a big boy. I have my own things to do.

No comments: