Wednesday, October 12, 2005

My Advice

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiv%27ah

Yesterday my co-worker Y Que was qvetching about a request his fiancee made. She wanted him to go a comedy show after work. He wanted to stay home and drink beers, watch the game and work on his poetry. Then the fiancee switched the request, she called and said that she wanted him to go with her to sit shiv'ah with her for a co-worker. Now Y que isn't a bossy man. He likes sports and wanted some time to himself.

me: You absolutely cannot go. If you go now, you'll be doing things that you want to do for the rest of your life. You've made plans. They're with yourself, but you made plans.

I heard him say these words to her as I left for the day.

When he came in this morning, I learned that he had gone.

I also told El Jefe and the other co-workers on the other side of the wall that separates our office what I had told Y que and El Jefe told me that I gave him, "the worst advice in the world."

So that's it.

In other news me and sweetie finally bought a real pizza pan and what they call a pizza wheel to cut it with. And there's a guy who works at Vintage Books publicity who's a real jerk.

I have started the (second) rewrite of Chronic Psycho. It's coming along well.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Great pizza pan! And wheel!

Jason said...

Thanks, dude! It was a great time.