Saturday, October 29, 2005

Hell of a Week: Libby, Meirs, BigEvent

I just hit 70,000 playing this game on the Xbox.

So much to write about...

LIBBY ET AL.

We know now that the Bush Administration (in the wake of the Libby indictments and the non-dismissal of Rove) has no compunction with lying to America, and that they feel no obligation to do anything that doesn't profit them.

"A Poem for George W. Bush"
Profit. Profit. Profit. Profit.
Profit.

Bush should fire Rove. Rove should step down. Can you imagine saying to your own boss, "Well I wasn't indicted!?" Sweetie thinks that Bush would fire Cheney before he'd fire Rove. Why? Because Bush is a mouthpiece for Rove, not his boss.

These were the people who were supposed to be so concerned with national security? They are leaking names of CIA agents. How does that jive?

MEIRS ETC

Harriet Meirs. I kind of like her now. She reminds me of my old aunt Ollie. Still she was about as unqualified as a nominee could get and be nominated. Who knows what kind of Justice she would have been? I applaud her withdrawal however as a defeat of cronyism.

Unlike a lot of folks on the left I am not afraid of all conservtive Justices. I am afraid, as I said, of liberal Federalism. But I am also afraid of the conservative shunning of civil rights. Particularly in the burgeoning realm of "torture jurisprudence." Come on, Roberts, you're gonna get these cases and when you do, please, step up to plate and lead the court in the humane direction. Torture's not cool, man. "Stress interrogation," my ass!

THE BIGEVENT

The BigEvent is coming up. Things I dropped the ball on - not getting an important writer's magazine for the gift bag (it was an easy phone call that I didn't make), and I didn't actually send the script for the program to Important Writer for a punch up. I think number 2 may been subconsciously on purpose. I have to do some tweaks on the script over the weekend. We'll find Another Important Writer for the punch up next week.

I think Neurotic Co-worker A hates me now. She actually asked me after I spent the day on the other side of the wall working on the program book, "Do you like sitting in the captain's chair? Do you like being where the action is?" I could only say, "Yes, I do."

I busted ass on the tribute book. It looks good. I learned a little Quark.

WRITING

I busted ass on CP as well. I don't know if one script can handle so may shifts in tone. All I can say is, "Enter the fire!"

A Final Surprise Link

No comments: