Friday, October 21, 2005

Arianna declares, "Bigger than Watergate!"

Arianna Huffington threw the glove on the ground today by declaring the coming Bush White House scandal could be "bigger than Watergate." I listened to Left, Right, and Center then moved over to the Newshour and watched David Brooks and Timothy Olyphant "gossip."

While that prediction may not come true, I think it will. There hasn't been this much unhappiness, in an administration or the country, since the Carter administration. Someone forgot to lock the zoo; all the animals are running loose. With the budget hanging around his neck the president is not a threat anymore. Congress doesn't have to play ball because the party is hemorrhaging - gasp! - conservatives. The party is loosing its intellectual and moral spine. These are not people who will join the president in a well sung chorus of God Bless America and think that their interests are his interests.

Anyway, the breakdown of the right is coming. Thank G-d.

And damn, maddog's pick and roll is geologic in timescale. Tayshaun be up at the hoop and maddog's all still like, "I post you, heathen!" and Tayshaun be hittin' the ground, "one-two-three-your ball, b**ch!"

Moved back into CP this morning. I worry about wrecking it. I like the script very much. I think it's almost there.

Man I'd love to go see the Clippers play. I want to get that big game package. Watch Steve Nash do cartwheels over people's heads! Watch and Holy Sh*t! I just looked on yahoo (collaborator pigs!) and Sam Cassell's playing for LA. Right on! That's so cool. I think he's great.

He's never going to leave Rochester is he?

"Sam we'd love you to play. What? What's that? You've getting treatment for your back at the mayo clinic? Oh. Well, do try to pop in and see us in LA when you get a chance. Before Christmas maybe?"

More likely is he'll be fine until Christmas, and then, "Oh, I have a pain!"

No comments: