Saturday, January 07, 2006

New Year

Happy New Year everybody. Please give Internets a hand. He did a wonderful job and we may see him again sometime. Thank you, Internets.

I am sensing huge changes coming this year. Some of those changes had their seeds planted in 2005, and some even earlier. Already two of my co-workers have left our little non-profit, one voluntarily, one not. What these changes mean for me is hard to tell.

I would like to share with you some of the phrases that I'm using this year to keep the energy in and around me flowing in a positive direction:

We always have plenty of money.

I always get paid lots of money for my scripts.

I always acknowledge and follow signs and take advantage of opportunites.

I always get everything I want.

There are a couple of others, but they are more personal and not to be shared with the public. As you can tell I spend time thinking about my writing career and making money. If I spend so much time thinking about these things, I figured, why shouldn't I think about them in a positive way, rather than a negative way? Negativity wasn't doing me much good.

And my primary goal for the year, among (but slightly above) my many others goals, is to write professionally so that I can leave my job.

1 comment:

jc coates said...

Dear Jason B.

It has always been my goal (not just for the new year but for the previous 3 years) to win the Powerball so I can pay you to leave your job and write professionally.

Love J.C.