Monday, January 23, 2006

The Monkey, the Turkey, and the Wagon

So, I haven't written anything since before Christmas. There are many people and animals to blame for that. I blame Internets. Bastard. I blame this blog. I blame work. And the YMCA. I also blame the internet and email. I blame malaise. I blame Sundance and Sandow. I blame the winds at night and the roiling sea. I blame the doubt and the worry that come in the dark. I blame France and the President and the Vice President and the Democratic Party. I blame the English language. I blame a watch in my car and milk and Ganesh and Durga. Oh god and so much more. There is so much blame to go around.

Now what/who do I thank for support and encouragement?

I thank Sweetie. I thank golf. I thank Otto, Dottie, and Spooky P. I thank Elton Brand. (But I do blame Mark Madsen!) I thank Steve and Suzanne. I thank the Culver City Dynamic Duo. And I thank all my folks on the east side of the LA river. And my Santa Monica and Mid-Wilshire peeps. I thank all living beings and I thank all non-living beings. And I also must thank all non-beings (living or non-living). Thank you. Your support has not gone unnoticed. The work will continue soon. Not today. But soon.

Peace to all beings and non-beings.

4 comments:

Jason said...

Thanks for the pat on the back, ToC.

Jason said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jc coates said...

hey Mr. b.

As a living non-being, I am heartened by your sentiments. You are welcome to draw upon my force at will.

j.c.

p.s. Give my ffolks a big squeeze for me, please.